Thursday Social Ride - 6:00PM
Time & Location
About The Event
Braman Winery and Brewery
3421 Farm to Market 359, Richmond, TX 77406
*Meet at Braman Winery and Brewery at 5:30PM. Riders roll out by 6:00PM (please be on time).
*Routes will be posted weekly on the Handlebar Cycle Club Facebook page.
*Routes are about 20-30 miles, but mileage may vary depending on available daylight and the group.
*There are no official rest stops for this ride.
*We typically arrive back at the brewery before 7:30PM.
*We ride every Thursday unless it is canceled due to weather etc. We will notify ahead of time if there is any change
*This is an open ride for intermediate and experienced level riders, usually an A, B+ and B group pace. Our A-
level riders push a consistent pace over 20+mph or more. Our B+-level riders keep an average pace
around 19-20mph with our B+ averaging 17-19mph. Most groups average a determined pace based on the ability
and experience of the riders.
* This is a mass start ride but may separate into smaller groups if a few riders want to go different paces or slightly
a different route.
*This is a tempo ride, if you are not able to keep the pace or have mechanical issues the group will continue
riding. A rider may accompany you if you experience a flat or mechanical.
*Please know your own riding ability and ride with the applicable group.
*This is an advanced ride for those experienced in group riding. IF YOU HAVE NEVER RIDDEN A GROUP RIDE, WE RECCOMEND YOU RIDE WITH THE SATURDAY MORNING HANDLEBAR CYCLERY NO-DROP BEGINNER GROUP!
All riders must come prepared with the following:
• A bicycle in good mechanical and proper working condition.
• A cycling helmet (MANDATORY!)
• Appropriate clothing and footwear. We recommend cycling apparel and foot ware, whenever possible however,
comfortable fitting athletic apparel and sports shoes are acceptable.
• We recommend some type of eye protection, sunglasses or safety glasses
• Proper hydration & nutrition.
• Spare tube & tube repair kit.
• Cellular telephone (ICE).
• The ability to keep pace & cycle the distance.
• No earphones or earbuds, (prescription hearing aids are permitted)
Safety is priority one! We recommend utilizing front and rear blinking lights to increase visibility, a multi-tool for adjustments, a phone in the event of an emergency, and perhaps a cycling computer.
Hope to see you there! The brewery will be open afterwards so feel free to come in and join us for refreshments .